Join us as a SARA Organization Member
If you are interested in learning how to increase comfort and reduce stress, fear and anxiety for the animals in your care, SARA is here to help. Since 2008, we have been providing meditation training and support to shelters, sanctuaries and rescues around the world. Currently 72 animal welfare organizations in the US, Colombia, India, UK, and the Middle East are using our techniques to support their animals and staff/volunteers.
Why become a SARA Organization?
We have practitioners who are experienced in shelter environments and are certified in the Let Animals Lead® method of meditation who will provide free meditation sessions for the animals and caregivers that will:
- Create deep relaxation and stress-reduction without physical contact needed
- Build trust between humans and animals
- Support the emotional needs of animals
- Respect the animal’s right to choice and agency in taking part in each session
We have teachers who are experienced in shelter environments and are certified in the Let Animals Lead® method of meditation, who will provide team building workshops. These short, targeted workshops will build staff morale through:
- Creating a shared vision of positivity when helping abused or traumatized animals
- Teaching simple techniques to decrease stress in the animals you care for
- Increasing positive interactions among staff through meditation exercises
- Sharing powerful techniques to combat compassion fatigue
- References available: SARA has a worldwide network of members who are effectively using our methods for the comfort of animals in shelters, sanctuaries and rescue centers. We are happy to provide references from some of these organizations upon request.
Depending on your location, SARA may be able to match a local SARA practitioner or teacher member to offer treatments and/or training to your staff and volunteers in person. If you are not located near any of our SARA members, as funds allow SARA may be able to send a trained SARA teacher to your location to train interested staff and volunteers in providing the Let Animals Lead® method of Animal Reiki sessions to the animals in your care.
If you are a director of an organization providing care to animals, please fill out the free application so that we can get started supporting you and your organization by providing training and/or meditation sessions.