It’s not always easy to feel confident as an Animal Reiki practitioner. The best way to gain confidence is to go back to our fundamentals: daily meditation and remember the Reiki precepts. And as one diligently practices consistently, one gains confidence in their ability to hold space for others.
Confidence can be achieved from practice, and this includes sharing with not just animals, but also their people. Here are some habits to put in place to keep your confidence bucket full:
1. Be prepared – practice daily meditations and truly reflect on Reiki Precepts.
2. Give yourself a positive affirmation, such as, “All is well.” Choose a positive mindset.
3. Log your achievements – keep a journal on experiences. Remember that every experience is not filled with “unicorns.” Sometimes your encounter is unimaginable! Those experiences are also useful lessons. Do not expect each session/encounter to be the same. Knowing and practicing the fundamentals allows one to adapt to any situation.
4. Self-care – This is fundamental to success: sleep, exercise, and diet. Make it a habit like your meditation practice.
5. Change the narrative when self-doubt tries to jeopardize your encounter. If one believes they will fail, ask what evidence supports this belief.
6. Practice “Hands-On Self Practice.”
7. Understand and acknowledge the Pillars, and above all Let Animals Lead®.
8. Be kind to all you encounter. It provides a positive environment. Feeling “good” helps gain confidence.
At the end of the day, if only one of these “tips” resonate, I hope it is Let Animals Lead®. One may fool a human, but one will not fool an animal. Animals know what is in one’s heart and the energy and potential one possesses. Breathe, pull back and respect their lead.
By SARA Practitioner Susan von Grimmenstein